Current Affairs Telugu Daily
India-ASEAN Business & Investment Conference held in New Delhi
India-ASEAN business and investment conference held in New Delhi ahead of the landmark commemorative summit meeting on the 25th of January.
In the conference, Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu stresses enhanced connectivity via land to strengthen trade ties.
Silver jubilee of India-ASEAN partnership is being celebrated in New Delhi on the 25th January with an unprecedented summit meet.
ASEAN(Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- ASEAN is a grouping of 10 South-East Asian nations
- It aims at boosting trade & economic development among member nations maintaining peace & stability in the region
- India & ASEAN partnership began in 1992 completing 25 years in 2017
- India & ASEAN together represent 30% of the world's population & a $ 5.1 Trillion economy
- ASEAN nations have invested $ 70 Billion in India since 2000
- India has invested $ 40 Billion in ASEAN countries in the last 17 years
- India-ASEAN trade stood at $ 70 billion last year with huge scope for growth
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams