Current Affairs Telugu Daily
UN Environment, WHO to jointly curb environmental health risks
UN Environment and WHO agreed to a new collaboration to accelerate action to curb environmental health risks that cause an estimated 12 million deaths a year, mostly in developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- The agreement will step up joint actions to combat air pollution, climate change and anti-microbial resistance, as well as improve coordination of waste and chemicals management, water quality, and food and nutrition issues.
- Erik Solheim, head of UN Environment, and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general of WHO, signed the agreement in Nairobi, according to a WHO statement released in New Delhi.
- The collaboration also includes joint management of the 'Breathe Life' advocacy campaign to reduce air pollution for multiple climate, environment and health benefits.
- "There is an urgent need for our two agencies to work more closely together to address the critical threats to environmental sustainability "
=>Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- WHO-World Health Organization
=>Founded: 7 April 1948
=>Head: Tedros Adhanom
=>Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
=>Head: Erik Solheim
Current Affairs Telugu
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams