Current Affairs Telugu Daily
Isro launches 100th satellite
Indian Space Research Organisation is back in the game as its workhorse Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C40) successfully placed 31 satellites in two different orbits in one of the longest missions.
- PSLV-C40, in its 42nd flight, placed 31 satellites -- Cartosat-2 Series, Microsat, 28 foreign nanosatellites and an Indian nanosatellite -- in orbits.
- The foreign nanosatellites are from the US, France, Finland, the UK, South Korea and Canada.
- Around 17 minutes after the lift-off from the launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 9.28am, the rocket injected its main payload- the 710kg weighing Cartosat-2 series.
- The seventh satellite in the series, into a polar sun-synchronous orbit at an altitude of about 510km.
- Within a span of around seven minutes, the rocket ejected 29 satellites as it maneuvered its way up the altitude to 519km.
- The last satellite of the series had been launched successfully in June 2016.
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Director: A. S. Kiran Kumar
Current Affairs Telugu
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams