Ministry of Railway launches Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) Application
In a major digital initiative to help plan the traffic flows and optimize freight operations, Ministry of Railways has launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers which provides features for monitoring and managing freight business using Geographic Information System (GIS) Views and Dashboard.
- Salient features of SFOORTI Application:
- With this application, movement of freight trains on Geographic Information System (GIS) view can be tracked.
- Both passenger and freight trains can be tracked over Zones/Divisions/ Sections in single GIS View.
- Freight business can be monitored.
- Comparative Analysis of Zonal/Divisional Traffic.
- Analysis of new traffic captured and traffic lost.
- This app provides a Bird's eye view of all Freight Assets in a single window.
- Provides end to end Rake movement on Geospatial view
- Expected Traffic at Interchange points to evaluate daily performance can be viewed.
- Performance of each zone and divisions with respect to loading and utilization of freight assets can be viewed.
- Sectional performance monitoring for sections, divisions and zones shall help in traffic routing.
- Freight terminal and sidings can be better monitored to ensure a better turnaround of rakes.
- Railway Minister of India-Piyush Goyal
Current Affairs Telugu
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams