India and Italy signed MoU in the field of Health and Medical Sciences
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Italy on cooperation in the field of Health and Medical Sciences. The MoU was signed on 29th November 2017 in New Delhi.
The MoU covers the following areas of cooperation:-
1. Exchange & training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals and experts
2. Assistance in development of human resources and setting up of healthcare facilities
3. Short-term training of human resources in health
4. Regulation of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics and exchange of information thereon
5. Promotion of business development opportunities in pharmaceuticals
6. Procurement of generic and essential drugs and assistance in sourcing of drug supplies
7. Procurement of health equipment and pharmaceutical products
8. Collaboration in the prevention of NCDs of mutual interest, such as neuro cardiovascular diseases, cancer, COPDs, mental health, and dementia, with an emphasis on SDG3 and related factors.
9. Collaboration in the field of climate change impact on communicable diseases and vector-borne diseases
10. Nutritional aspects of food intake, including malnutrition (overnutrition and under- nutrition) in the light of the SDG2 and organization of nutritional services;
11. Safety of production, transformation, distribution and food delivery
12. Research and training of food industry operators;
13. Information and communication to citizens on hygiene and food safety and healthy eating habits
14. Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
President- Sergio Matterella
Prime Minister- Paolo Gentiloni
June Month Telugu Current Affairs e-Magazine Download