Current Affairs Telugu Daily
First Phase of Chabahar port inaugurated by Iran
The first phase of the Shahid Beheshti Port in the Sistan-Baluchestan province inaugurated by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on 03rd December.
Bilateral issues between India and Iran:
- Construction of the Chabahar port in Iran will contribute to regional trade
- It helps to bilateral and regional trade and economic development and also provide alternate access to landlocked Afghanistan to regional and global markets,
- This port is seen as an important route for India and Afghanistan to bypass obstacles posed by Pakistan for trade on the direct route.
- It is also seen as a feeder port to the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) to Russia as well as the land route to Central Asia.
- It is also seen as a rival to the Chinese-built Gwadar port of Pakistan, about 80 km away, which is a critical link in China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
The future progress of Chabahar
India’s bid for the Farzad-B oil and gas fields.
This port located in the Gulf of Oman
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams