Current Affairs Telugu Daily
PM Modi Inaugurates Hyderabad Metro Rail
Prime minister Narendra Modi on 28/11/2017 inaugurated the Hyderabad Metro Rail and took a ride along with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao in its maiden run.
The 30 km-long first phase of the project between Miyapur and Nagole has 24 stations. Its commercial operations will start on 29/11/2017.
- On completion, Hyderabad Metro Rail will be world’s largest public-private partnership (PPP) in the metro rail sector.
- The project is being executed by Larsen & Toubro (L&T).
- The trains would run from 6 am to 10 pm initially and the timings would be rescheduled to 5.30 am to 11 pm, depending on the traffic and demand.
- Minimum fare for a ride in Hyderabad Metro Rail is Rs 10 for two km and the maximum fare is Rs 60 for the entire stretch.
- a mobile app named 'T Savari' would also be launched for the passengers. A plan to build sky-walks connecting the stations directly to commercial complexes, stadiums, and offices is also in order.
- The only cities with metro rail connectivity in India are - Kolkata. Chennai. Delhi. Bangalore. Gurgaon. Mumbai. Jaipur. Kochi, Hyderabad.
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams