Current Affairs Telugu Daily
Highlights of 37th edition of Mann ki Baat programme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation through his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat.
India is a messenger of peace:
- From the days of 'Khadi for Nation', we came to see 'Khadi for Fashion', and now the country is moving towards 'Khadi for Transformation'. Khadi and handloom are empowering the poor by bringing positive and qualitative changes in their lives
- Contribution of Indian forces to the UN peacekeeping operations have been immense. Indian soldiers are not only safeguarding our country at the borders, but they play a vital role in the UN peacekeeping missions throughout the world.
- The UN Declaration of Human Rights is a testimony to India’s push for gender equality. A phrase in the declaration that used to be earlier read as “All men are born free and equal”, with efforts made by Hansa Mehta, was changed to “All humans are born free and equal”.
- India's role is not limited to just peacekeeping operations, but India is also training peacekeepers in about 85 countries. Being from this land of Mahatma Gandhi and Gautama Buddha, our brave peacekeepers have conveyed the message of peace and harmony around the world.
- India is the third highest contributor to UN peacekeeping missions, with around 7,000 of its security personnel deployed on various missions across the world.
- He said as of August 2017, India had participated in about 50 out of 71 UN peacekeeping operations undertaken in countries such as Korea, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Congo, Cyprus, Liberia, Lebanon and Sudan.
- India is the land of 'Vasudhiva Kutumbakam', which means the whole world is our family. It is because of this belief that India has been actively contributing to the vital initiatives led by the United Nations.
- India has always spread the message of peace, unity and goodwill. We believe that everyone should live in harmony and move towards building a better and peaceful tomorrow.
Children and Diabetes problem:
- Sister Nivedita who revived the pride of Indian traditions. She worked to unite people by awakening national consciousness.
- Guru Nanak Dev ji is not only the first Guru of the Sikhs, but also a 'Jagat Guru'. He thought about the welfare of all of humanity, treated everyone equally and emphasised empowerment and dignity of women. Through his acts, he showed the path of truth, sacrifice and devotion.
- Guru Nanak Dev ji gave three messages - Remember God's name in every single endeavour you undertake. Earn your livelihood through hard work and honest means. And selflessly serve the less fortunate.
- Sardar Patel shaped the Nation as whole. He united the entire country.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel not only had transformational ideas but he had the solution to the most complex problems.
- On Sardar Patel's birth anniversary on October 31, let us all 'Run for Unity'... On the occasion of Sardar Sahib's birth anniversary, 'Run for Unity' will be organised across the country on October 31.
India in sports:
- Greetings to children on Children's Day that is celebrated on our first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru's birthday. Every child is a hero in the making of a 'New India'.
- The diseases that were earlier found only in old age have now started appearing in children. It is a big surprise when we hear about children suffering from diabetes.
- Be it Hockey, badminton, football or cricket, India has been steadily rising globally in sports.
Current affairs for TSPSC, APPSC (group-1, group-2, ....etc),
UPSC, BSRB, RRB and all other competitive exams