Marks: 120, No.of Questions:120, Time: 120 Minutes
A. General mental Ability , Administrative and Psycological Abilities ( 60 marks)
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Number Series, Coding —Decoding.
- Problems related to Relations.
- Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram.
- Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age.
- Number system and order of Magnitude.
- Linear Equations - in one or two Variables.
- Ratio, proportion and variation.
- Average of mean, median, mode — including weighted mean.
- Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.
- Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.
- Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
- Lines, angels and common geometrical figures — properties of transverse of parallel lines, properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theoreth, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, and rhombus.
- Introduction to algebra — BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols.
- Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, and concepts of Probability.
- Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and analyzing emotions, Dimensions of emotional intelligence, Self motivation, Emotional stability, Managing relations, Integrity, Self development, Value orientation, Commitment, Altruistic behavior, Coping with emotions, overcoming functional fixedness.
- Empathy and Coping with stress: Sensitivity, Objectivity, Social inclination, Social responsibility, Openness, Compassion, Optimism, Self awareness, Self acceptance, Planning ability, Objectivity, Relaxation ability, Stability, Reality orientation, Resilience.
- Decision Making and Problem solving: Objectivity, Divergent thinking ability, Perception of situation, Synthetic ability, Rationality, General intelligence, Anticipation and consequence.
- Social Intelligence and Interpersonal skills: Sympathy, Tolerance, Healthy distance, Patience, Cooperativeness, Sensitivity, Compassion, sense of humour, Memory and Optimism, Reciprocality, Etiquette, Lack of prejudice.
- Critical thinking and Creative thinking: Seeing problems, Unusual uses, Consequences test, Inquisitiveness, Persistency, Novelty, Fluency, Flexibility, Originality, Anticipation of consequences, Analytical abilities, Independent thinking, Un conditionality, Analysis of the situation, Evaluation of the situation, Reaching a conclusion.
- Assessment of Personality: Independence, Wellbeing, Social presence, Self control, Managerial potential, Extra version, Agreeability, trust, warmth, assertive, Positive attitude. 6/6 G-I Draft Prelims Syllabus (2018)
(B) (i)Science and Technology ( 30 MARKS)
- Science and Technology: Nature and Scope of Science & Technology; Relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life; National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation; Institutes and Organization in India promoting integration of Science, Technology and Innovation, their activities and contribution; Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT): Nature and Scope of ICT; ICT in day to day life; ICT and Industry; ICT and Governance - Various government schemes promoting use of ICT, E-Governance programmes and services; Netiquettes; Cyber Security Concerns - National Cyber Crime Policy.
- Technology in Space & Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme; Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) — it's activities and achievements; Various Satellite Programmes — Satellites for Telecommunication, Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites; Satellites for defence, Eduset or Satellites for academic purposes; Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission and activities.
- Energy Requirement and Efficiency: India's existing energy needs and deficit; India's Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India - Government Policies and Programmes. Solar, Wind and Nuclear energy
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to environment; Its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the national and the international level; Biodiversity- its importance and concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India's commitment; Forest and Wildlife - Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India; Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and Disaster management. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Nature, Scope and application, Ethical, Social, and Legal issues, Government Policies. Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life. Health & Environment.
(B) (ii) - Currrent Events OF Regional, National and International Importance. ( 30 MARKS )