The candidates are required to attempt three essays, one from each of the three sections, in about 800 words each.
This paper is designed to test candidate's
- knowledge / awareness of a variety of Subjects and
- their ability to compose a sustained piece of writing in the form of an essay.
- current affairs.
- socio- political issues
- socio economic issues
- socio- environmental issues
- cultural and historical aspects
- issues related to civic awareness
- reflective topics
Areas of Testing:
This paper would test the following:
- Ability to compose a well-argued piece of writing
- Ability to express coherently and sequentially
- Awareness of the subject
chosen Evaluation / Marking:
Credit will be given for the following:
- Observing established rules and format for essay writing
- Grammatical correctness of expression
- Originality of thought and expression.